Passing your state real estate test is a huge step, but it still doesn’t make you a Realtor. In order to earn that title, you have to join the National Association of Realtors, also known as NAR. When you join NAR, you get membership in three associations – one at the national level, one at the state level, and one at the local level, all of which offer you many benefits. One main benefit is membership in the local multiple listing services. In most states, you need membership to get to the MLS.
In this course, we’ll cover:
- Why membership is required to be called a “Realtor”
- Advantages and disadvantages of joining your local association
- Membership fees
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) basics
- What the NAR does for the industry
Joining a Real Estate Association
- Learn the advantages of joining your local real estate association.
- Course Notes - Joining a Real Estate Association