For most people, selling their own home is such a complex and important undertaking that hiring an agent to handle the details is the smartest way to proceed. For sellers, the process of getting their home sold can be overwhelming, partly because the outcome can influence the seller’s personal situation and partly because there is so much to do. For agents, the proper handling of a home sale can be extremely rewarding, both financially and personally. With so much at stake, how do you convince a potential client that you are up to the challenge and responsibility? Most agents get their chance to prove their merit at the listing appointment. The listing appointment is your opportunity to show a potential seller how you effectively plan to market their home, how you’ll outperform other agents and what they can expect when working with you.
This course will give you an overview of what happens during the listing appointment, including what to expect and what is expected of you.
In part one of this course, we’ll cover:
- The basic information necessary to give a professional presentation
- The most professional way to divide the time at a listing appointment
- What you should prepare for every appointment
- What to say and do when touring the property
In part two of this course, we’ll cover:
- What qualifications the client will want to know about
- How to discuss your marketing plan for the home
- The best ways to discuss the price
- How to get client to sign the listing agreement
- Part 1 - Learn how to create a listing presentation that can show a potential client how you plan to outperform other real estate agents and deliver results.
- Course Notes - 5 Steps of the Listing Presentation, Part 1
- Part 2
- Course Notes - 5 Steps of the Listing Presentation, part 2